Friday, April 18, 2014

Wowzers

You are almost off all the meds associated with surgery. Your morphine drip will be weaned tomorrow and then we will see about weaning your steroid doses to what they were before surgery (and think about a long term plan as far as they go). Obviously we can't have you on them forever. You were breathing quite rapidly last night (90 times per minute). But you seem to have calmed a bit and you were breathing about 60 times per minute when I visited you this afternoon. Your oxygen has stayed at 62 percent all day. You're doing so well, buddy. You've been through so much and are just rockin recovery so far.

The roof of your mouth is shaped like the ET tube. From having the tube in your mouth for so long and sucking on it, the palate formed around it in a rather deep tube shape. Dad and I got a binkie that we are hoping you'll like to suck on that could possibly help shape it back. (If there are any occupational or speech therapists reading this, feel free to leave a suggestion if you have one. Or if someone's child had something similar we are all ears.)

I love seeing you interact using your mouth and entire face. You mesmerize me when I look at you. I will never get tired of seeing you, sweet boy. 



Wowzers. I'm so grateful you are doing well so far. You amaze me, sweet boy. Love you more than you know. 

Xoxo
Mom

3 comments:

  1. I'm so so so grateful that the surgery went so well and that he is doing so good! He looks adorable, and I love seeing his precious face and chubby cheeks! Keep up the good work Caleb. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got on to see how the surgery went. That FACE!! Goodness, I bet you have a hard time not kissing him constantly. Glad to catch up and read the good news and progress. Go Caleb!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are ao proud of you Caleb. What a brave boy you are keep up the good work. Xo

    ReplyDelete