Friday, April 4, 2014

How we roll

Well buddy, your sisters and I started riding bikes to school. I ride with the older three and then take Julia to her school. She gets to ride in the trailer because there is a wicked huge hill by the house. It's a big hill...especially for Texas! Today was the first day we rode and let me tell you, after months in bed and not doing any exercise for 6 months it was brutal. I was 2/3 of the way up and my lungs felt like they would pop. My legs were on fire! I was determined to make it to the top without stopping mostly so I could tell dad I did. 
Julia just laughed her head off listening to me breathing hard and yelling to the other girls to keep going. By the time we made it to the crosswalk I hopped off to cross and my legs almost buckled under me. They felt like jello. I totally acted like it was nothin. If only the crossing guard knew. 

I continued on with Julia and she loved it. After I dropped her off I started home. I had been swallowing my spit the whole time and it was making me sick. I thought about the fact I should just spit but it was super thick and I didn't think it would make a good combination. Good thing dad can teach you how to spit because what happened next was not normal. I decided to go for it and spit really hard. Surely it would work. Well, I looked like Beethoven the Saint Bernard shaking his face with drool flopping everywhere. Honestly. I kid you not. The spit finally broke loose and then I got to wipe the remainder off my chin. Awesome. 
How do guys spit? Seriously. 

By the time school lets out I will own that hill and maybe figure out how to spit normal. Just maybe. 

On the way to the hospital I snapped a picture of the blue bonnets for you. Spring is my favorite time of year in Texas. Overnight, Texas becomes covered in them. 
I love them. 

I got to the hospital and got to hold you. I love holding you. 

So happy to have another day with you. I love you baby boy. 

Lets not repeat last night. Sleep tight buddy.
Love you to the moon and back. 

Xoxo
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I will see you and Zeb and the girls TOMORROW! And I'm betting I'll get to see the blue bonnets and meet Caleb on Sunday. I am thrilled at the prospect. I want you to know that I laughed out loud at the picture of you with spit all over your chin! You're one tough cookie.

    ReplyDelete