Saturday, April 19, 2014

Big Step

You're soaring through recovery! Dad and I are so excited that you're doing so well so far! We are amazed at your strength, buddy! Way to go! Your IV drip for your pain meds stopped at noon today. You've been around 60 percent on your oxygen. You're getting your PICC line out tonight so no more IVs!! You were awake a lot last night and a lot today. Probably since you slept for about 3 days straight. You're eating 27ml per hour which is the most you've ever eaten. Before surgery you were at 23ml per hour. 27 is great buddy! 

When dad and I came to visit you today this is what we saw...

Oh be still my heart. 
You heard daddy's voice and woke up. 
The doc is going to start weaning your steroids and see if we can eventually wean you completely. This surgery is such a huge step towards coming home and it makes my heart beyond happy!!!

So happy for you and how much more comfortable you are. I love spending time with you. 

Sleep tight, Caleb. 
Love you so so much. 
Xoxo
Mom 

4 comments:

  1. I can't get over how good he looks! His cheeks!!! So rosy and sweet. I wish I was there so I could kiss them :) Keep it up buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! He looks so good in these pics! Happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is seriously so sweet! I'm so happy for your family!!

    WAY TO GO CALEB⚽️����

    ReplyDelete