Thursday, April 3, 2014

Not what we expected

Have I mentioned how much I love holding you? Or that I love your chubby cheeks? Or that I could kiss you hundreds of times and never tire? Oh baby boy...


Love that one dimple...
Dad held you when he go there at lunch. I love watching him with you. The two of you are so sweet together. 
You woke up right as dad got to the hospital and switched me. 
You're up to 10 pounds 1 ounce!!!
We called to check on you before bed just now. The nurse said something we were not expecting. She said you had scooted down a bit on the mattress causing the ET tube to come out. She said within a few minutes you were re intubated and pink and squirmy again. When the doc called he gave a bit more detail. He said you had a Brady causing nurses to notice something was wrong. When they got over to you you had turned blue and your heart rate had dropped extremely low. They had to do chest compressions while they bagged you to give you oxygen. Talk about my heart and stomach dropping. It was beyond scary for us to hear. Oh, Caleb. I'm sorry buddy. 

We checked on you on the web cam right away and here you are...
Each day is such a gift with you sweet boy. Oh how we love you, Caleb.

Xoxo
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Heck. Sweet Leah, I am so sorry. No one knows the heartache you and Zeb are going through, but know there are so many who love you and are praying for you and that sweet chubby 10 pounder of yours. We love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary. Thinking of you always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking about you-In our hearts and prayers-

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete