Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stinky Feet


It's crazy to me that someone so small can have stinky feet. In your defense, you wear a thick cuff around your foot every day and it must get pretty sweaty. I don't mind your stinky feet. When you're a teenager I probably will though! :) 

Your oxygen has stayed around 60 and it's nice to not have you up and down so much. Makes me feel like you are more stable. The doctors aren't giving us any sort of time frame for when they think you'll be ready to come home. 2-5 months is probably a safe time frame. Only time will tell.  

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I can't look too far ahead or I get totally overwhelmed. I remember when it was day 2 of bed rest at the hospital in Rockwall. My neck and back hurt so bad from lying down. I was having a reaction to the IV antibiotics and was throwing up. I felt absolutely terrible. I remember the panic and sense of defeat I felt as I thought about laying in bed for months and worried I couldn't do it.  I looked at daddy and I said, "How am I going to do this for weeks and weeks?" He looked and me and very sweetly and calmly said,  "One day at a time. Just do one day at a time." That  has helped me throughout the months I was in the hospital bed and the months you've been fighting for your life.  

Yesterday I got the same overwhelmed panicky feeling thinking about the months that lie ahead. I feel an even greater panic because I think of how long its been since things began last September, 7 months ago, and we still have a long road ahead.  I want to scoop you up and cuddle you and bring you home so badly. We will get through this, buddy. The same way we have gotten through the last 7 months. One day at a time. Somedays will be harder than others but we will get through those days too.  Your recovery has gone much smoother than anticipated so that's just wonderful. You're doing so great, Caleb!!! 

Sure do love you. 
Xoxo 
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there momma. You're doing great. And so is that sweet NICU giant of yours��

    ReplyDelete