Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hands to hold


When I got to the hospital today you were upset. Adrianne and I tag teamed you and she patted your booty while I held your hands. Holding hands is one of your favorite things. When you have one of dad's and one of mine I think that's your absolute favorite. I love that you love us to hold your hands. 

You've had a lot of secretions through your trach the last few days so the pulmonologist ordered a culture. The culture came back growing a few differnt things so they've ordered a mild antibiotic to help clear it. Your trach and g tube sites are both getting red and irritated so this antibiotic will help with those as well. It can also help from turning into something bigger. Right now you seem pretty unaffected which is good. 

They changed your trach today! It was getting really stinky. :) Adrianne gave you a good scrub and put you back in your old crib! You watched your mobile for a long time. I think you're enjoying your regular mattress again too. It makes me happy for you to have things back that you enjoy. Now that the trach is changed you'll be able to sit up in the boppy a little bit and do more things. And I'll get to hold you soon! 

Another NICU mom told me flu season was extended and I really hope that's not the case. The girls have a countdown going and are sooooo excited to see you. I'll find out when I call to check on you tonight. 

Sleep tight sweet baby boy of mine.
Love you to the moon and back. 
Xoxo
Mom

1 comment: