Thursday, April 17, 2014

Woot woot!

Your nitric oxide is completely weaned! That's so fantastic buddy! Some babies can get dependant on it so this is a big deal. And your oxygen requirement has stayed almost the exact same without it so that's impressive! Way to go, Caleb. 

Shannon and I rearranged all your pictures and added Easter ones your sisters made. It looks pretty festive...
I can't stop staring and smiling and kissing you. Have I mentioned that at all? 
You are blowing spit bubbles off and on. It's crazy to think that you've never swallowed before. Something you'll learn quickly I'm sure. 
Once you got one of your IVs out you immediately lifted your arm over your head and looked all chillax. It was so funny! You only have one line left in, your PIC line. Your pain med and fluids are running through that and everything else for surgery is gone. The reaction you had on Monday to the IV fentanyl is called chest wall rigidity. It causes your chest wall you go stiff making breathing extremely difficult. Boy was that scary. So grateful we figured it out when we did. 
You're getting rather swollen just like they've been telling me you would. Your eyelids are puffy, your cheeks keep growing and you're body is swelling too. Goodness you're cute though. 
This is one of your amazing night nurses, Cheryl. She was one of my favorites when you were just a few days old and we were lucky enough for her to sign up to be one of your primary nurses for night shift. I can just tell how much she loves you. It makes my heart happy. 

You had such a wonderful day. We will gladly and gratefully take it. Way to go, buddy. You're rockin it today. 
Hope you sleep well. Daddy is there with you and I came home to be with your sissies. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you like crazy. 

Xoxo
Mom

5 comments:

  1. He is such a hansom boy, I get up every morning extra early so I can see him before my day begins. I love that boy he is a real fighter with such chubby cheeks and eyes that gleam with the spirit of God, with no effort at all he melts my heart.
    Love you'al Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for progress! Keep it up, Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable Leah. Such happy progress. Yay Caleb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so handsome! Such a good report! Praise God ! Leah, we went to an osteopath, and he completely transformed cara's dental arch and face. All her crowded teeth feel into place and her face widened. He works with babies. It will help his breathing a lot, among other things. Linda Baker, aka cara's mom or Hayden's grandma :-) still praying

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can give you his name.contact cara

    ReplyDelete