Sunday, April 6, 2014

Six months ago

Oh baby boy! It blows my mind that Saturday October 5th was exactly six months yesterday. The day when my water broke.  I thought about it many times yesterday, well I thought about it more than I usually do. It seems like so long ago. 
Not to mention that you're almost 4 months old!!! Wow. 
You had a good day today. You got to meet your gram, my mom for the first time. She cried and just couldn't believe she was really there with you. She grinned from ear to ear and couldn't get get enough of you. You were wide eyed and very alert which was so fun. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It was so sweet to see you just staring at her. 

During the afternoon the girls were doing my hair. I pretty much fell asleep in the middle. They were so excited to show me my corn rows. 
Silly girls. 

They stamped a bunch of pictures for you that I'll bring you tomorrow. 

Tomorrow afternoon dad and I are meeting with the anesthesiologist. Hopefully we can get things ironed out and understand things to move forward. The surgery has been postponed several times so talking to him should get the ball rolling since he is the one holding things up. 

With the recent extubation incident, the need to give you more medicine to calm you as you get older and the fact that you'd be able to have more freedom developmentally we are hoping to get the trach soon. 

I'll see you tomorrow, sweet boy. 

Xoxo
Mom

4 comments:

  1. These posts are so sweet. I love how they are addressed to Caleb. It's impossible not to get sucked into the emotions of this. What an amazing challenge. You are so strong! Upon learning of your struggles, I've kept you in my prayers. Thanks for helping us, your friends, be aware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that boy. He brings out a real since of the value of life as well as the strength of
    human soul. O how we enjoy your insight and post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you ever so much. I can't even begin to count all the lessons which you has taught me. I was thinking of you and your sweet boy today so I dropped by to see how he was doing. I hope things work out soon. I love you ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is wonderful! Hug your Mama for me. I love her so much. Love this post. LOVE. Love. LOVE YOU!! - Becca

    ReplyDelete