Friday, April 25, 2014

Oxygen Swings

Haylie, one of your night nurses, put this note by you last night. She said you would hiccup and raise your eyebrows high. How cute is that? 
You sat in your boppy today and I found you snoozing. You blow bubbles a lot, I'm sure you'll figure out swallowing soon. 
I'm coming down with something so I didn't get to see you today. Daddy went to see you and got to hold you. 
Tonight when I checked on you again this is what I saw...
It melted my heart. You're so stinkin cute!!!! 

Last night your oxygen was 57 and tonight you're 79. You've seemed so stable lately and I was getting comfortable with your numbers. Having you at 79 is hard. I know you would swing widely before and that it's the nature of your lung disease but when you go high again it's always hard. I just love you so much buddy. I'm trying my hardest to be patient. But there's no way around the fact that this is hard. Hang in there sweetie we will get through this. You're a rockstar! 

Love you like crazy. 
Xoxo
Mom
P.S. The charge nurse said that flu season still ends May 1!!! I'm hoping the girls will all be heathy. 

1 comment: