Thursday, April 17, 2014

Calm Night

You had a calm night last night. Your oxygen stayed at 60 and your nitric is weaned down to 2ppm. You slept pretty soundly all night. They've weaned the drug that keeps you still so hopefully you'll stay somewhat calm today and not move too much. If you move too much than it can irritate your trach incision and cause it to bleed. Yesterday when you had your eyes open and dad or I would talk to you, you'd respond by sticking your tongue forward just a little bit. It was the absolute cutest thing ever. I continue to stare at your face constantly and can't stop saying how darling you are. Dad and I keep kissing you over and over. We have waited so long to kiss your cheeks! You're initiating almost all of your breaths which is fantastic. You're starting to get a little swollen but you're of course adorable no matter what! They've been putting oinntment on your eyes because when you're paralyzed you don't moisten them anymore. 
Oh baby boy. You're such a brave boy!!! 
Xoxo
Mom

4 comments:

  1. Brave boy and strong/brave parents! Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a strong and brave fighter. I think I would never stop kissing those sweet cheeks if he were mine. Praying for you Caleb! Just keep up the good work little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He simply cannot be any sweeter than this. You're joy over being able to kiss those cute cheeks brings tears to my eyes (more than your usual blogs!) He's so lucky to have such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Caleb is constantly on my mind. I happened to be at the temple the night of his surgery and checked your blog and was so happy to enter the temple with such amazing updates. I couldn't think of much else the whole time I was there and once I was done and in the celestial room, I thought of these certain words from a hymn, "O, Savior, stay this night with me" and choked up. I imagined little Caleb with all of his new gear and lots of heavenly help. He is an amazing little boy. Thank you for sharing his story, his strength and your endurance. I am hoping and praying for the very best!

    ReplyDelete