Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meeting Gram

Here is when your Gram saw you for the first time. I was one proud mamma showing you off. 

I adore this expression you have. You took everything in and were very alert. 



 I love looking into your eyes. They are so expressive, so intense and when I look into them it's like you're telling me a story.  I love you, baby boy.

We heard back from the doc today and your surgery is scheduled for Monday afternoon. You'll have a tracheostomy and then if you're doing well and have enough reserve they will do a gastrostomy as well. I am relieved to finally have a date to be a step closer to getting you home. The Neonatologists said they have never had a surgery take this long to get scheduled and get all the doctors involved on the same page. It's been extremely difficult and we are grateful to finally move forward.  If I didn't have the faith I have in Heavenly Father and His plan for you I think I would be a complete mess. I believe whole heartedly that He knows what is best for you and for our family. That has given me the strength to keep going. I am beyond grateful for the added strength. I am trying not to focus on the fact that Gram is leaving Saturday and that you could have had your surgery and recovery while she was here. It's going to be hard next week. The recovery from this surgery is known to be extremely difficult. They have told us that over and over so we are prepared. You will be paralyzed for several days to ensure the trach can heal correctly. Because you won't be moving you will get very swollen. You will most likely be put on the high frequency ventilator again with nitric oxide. I think they plan to give you nitric oxide on the operating table just in case.  Dad and I will stay at the hospital to be with you. We will make it through. Just like we have gotten through the last 6 months. 
There are so many people praying for you and thinking of you, buddy.  You have stolen many hearts!

We are off to Kindergarten roundup for Julia. Can't believe she is going to start Kindergarten. 
I loved cuddling to today. I love that you enjoy our snuggle time.
I'll see you tomorrow.

xoxo
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh, leah! That first picture of you and your mom make me tear up! So glad she could finally make it!

    ReplyDelete