Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Little Things

I decided to take pictures of some of the little features that I love about you. As you get older you grow and things change. 
Right now I love the way your toes curl all the time. 
I love your chubby feet. I love how fat the heel of your foot is. That's a good thing since you get a heel stick every day, sometimes multiples times a day. I love the way your second to last toe is more forward than all the rest. 

I adore the dimples in your elbows. Look at that dimple.

I love how chubby your thumbs are. They are the same size all the way from the base to the tip. It's so darling. 
I love you sweet Caleb. 
And oh those rubber band wrists. Don't even get me started on those!!!

The pulmonologist noticed an increase in the type of white blood cell that relates to allergies. Looking back over your change form breast milk to half breast milk, half formula and then full formula your numbers have just climbed. You've also been gassier and gassier.  Last night you didn't sleep well because you were so gassy. That can be linked to a formula allergy. So we put you on a new formula tonight. I hope it helps your tummy feel better. Sometimes allergic responses can cause increased secretions and mucous so it might help your lungs a bit. 

Sweet boy, I love you. I love spending time with you. I love holding you. I love holding your hand. I love being with you and talking to you. Singing to you. 
I hope you sleep better tonight.
Sweet dreams, my little fighter.
Xoxo
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Caleb is so so sweet! I check back often for updates and am always so excited to see him happy and smiling. He really is adorable.
    My first baby was in the NICU for 6 days after birth, and it honestly felt like a month. I cannot even come close to imagining what you guys are going through with no end in sight in the near future. I'm constantly impressed with your optimism, faith, and outlook in life. I think you're awesome!
    We often pray for Caleb and that he'll have a breakthrough soon in the right direction and things will get better and better. We also pray for you, Leah, and your husband and girls. I got a teeny tiny glimpse of how hard the NICU life is, and it is not something I would wish on anyone. The constant stress and worry is enough to drive anyone crazy. Just know that people are praying for you that don't even know you. We are hopeful that this journey will someday soon be a memory of the past and that the future will be a bright, healthy, and happy place for your family.
    Sending lots of prayers and love! "Keep on swimming..."
    If you ever need someone to vent to that is outside of the situation, I'd be happy to listen! dglvrhied@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete