Saturday, June 28, 2014

New Setup

Here are some pics I took a few days ago. 
I take a gazillion pictures but you already knew that. 
When I got to the hospital Friday morning  I saw you sitting up and thought "oh my goodness I want to take pics!!" So I grabbed my camera and snapped this....
Then this...
Then this...
You were so done. You're still cute even when you're cranky. 

Here is a side by side of the trach before (right) and your trach now (left). The one you used to have had the connector right under your chin whereas the new one has a few inches before the connector. It looks SO much more comfortable. 
Hopefully you'll like it more, I'm pretty sure you do. If you could talk I think you'd say, "oohhhh I have room under my chin, this is sweet!"

Each time I think you're back to your old self you have several days where you're just not followed by an afternoon where you are energetic. Then several off days followed by a happy day. I've determined you're probably just pooped. I think you're so tired from when you had CPR that your body needs a long time to recover. I think it took the wind right out of your sails and it will take you another few weeks to completely recover. Any you know what, Caleb? That's perfectly okay. You take the time you need. We can be patient. You've had a rough month and are entitled to some time to recover. I sure love you. I'm so proud of you and how much you've accomplished. You're a fighter.

Xoxo
Mom


2 comments:

  1. He's so freaking cute! I love every single pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look more comfortable! Such a handsome boy! :-)

    ReplyDelete