Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sweet Sissy

You blood guess yesterday after making more changes to your vent and giving you an extra dose of LASIX was better. I don't think any of us have ever been so happy about a 70. That's usually high for you but yesterday it was your low and we were happy to take it. The doc gave you steroids as well as some abtibiotics through your trach. Hopefully we will see improvements soon. The biggest thing is your comfort. When you aren't comfortable and just look miserable it makes things seem unbearable. You started perking up in the afternoon yesterday which did wonders for my heart. Today you seem to be more of your normal self which is great. 

Audrey came to the hospital with me today. She was very excited to hold you again. Out of the blue her eyes welled up with tears and she just cried for you. She just said she didn't know why you needed to be in the hospital. She cried and said she wished it never would have happened. When she held you next to me she cried more. She said if she could have one wish it would be that you didn't need the tubes. Then she said, "actually I'd wish for more wishes so I could wish for things like that." I just held her and you and we both cried. I told Audrey that it's really hard. That you were a special little brother, to which she agreed. I told her how lucky we are to be able to be with you and that even though you aren't  all better that you are still a miracle. She was in agreement there too. 

She sure loves you. We all do. 
After a very busy morning you are finally resting comfortably. I love watching you sleep. You had an echo, blood draws and they changed all your sheets because you peed through them. They ordered pediatric circuits for the vent since you're too big for the NICU size. You're just hangin in there. I sure love you. 

Xoxo
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Audrey! I cry about it, too. I get scared, and then I remember that it is my job to have hope, and so I do that. I have hope. I keep on believing that he will get to come home one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breaks my heart. The view from kids eyes are always so tender. We love you guys. So much. Constant prayers are being said for strength peace and determination. It's so hard. And you guys are doing AMAZING. Caleb couldn't have a more loving family. I'm pretty sure his wish was to come to you. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete