Monday, June 16, 2014

Sweet boy

You, my sweet boy, have been through so much your first 6 months of life. You are such a strong boy and are quite the fighter. You had a rough morning. I think your body is wiped out from yesterday and you need some time to settle back in. Your blood gas this morning was not good so they went up on your ventilation settings. Your oxygen is higher than your typical baseline but dr green said you're doing better today than he thought you'd be doing. Dad came to be with you this afternoon and held your hand for hours. You started acting and feeling better and when I got there this afternoon you were awake, happy and smiling! 


I must have kissed your face a couple hundred times. Oh my goodness I love you. Gram said she loves watching you respond to daddy and me. We each held a hand and you'd look back and forth from dad to me, me to dad. 

Your sisters played American girl dolls and had quite the imaginations going. 
Here is Emily, who is trached...
Here is her IV drip she has running. 
And this is Caroline. She has an IV as well. 
I love seeing what the girls play. 

You fell asleep after kicking and smiling and interacting with us for almost 2 hours. I soaked in every second. 

Today is Gram's birthday (yes she is so sweet she wanted to be here for us even on her birthday.) We went shopping and to dinner. She has been so wonderful and helpful and I love her dearly.  Wednesday is coming too quickly. 

She has loved being able to visit you. 

After a rough morning your day seems to be ending a bit better. I can't even express how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you here to kiss and love. Seeing you happy and smiling this afternoon helped my heart so much. Sleep well tonight sweet baby boy. I pray for you every single day. 

I love you like crazy. 
Xoxo 
Mom
P.S. While I took gram shopping the girls heart attacked her room. If was so sweet. You've got pretty awesome sisters...


2 comments:

  1. His grin and face in that first picture…looks like he has a secret or that he's up to something! I love it. Oh my goodness how I wish I could meet him!

    ReplyDelete