Friday, June 20, 2014

Discovery

 Your smile melts my heart.
 You made a discovery yesterday....you found your hand!!! I love it when you discover something new or learn a new trick. 
 
Your CO2 levels are still high today. Not as high as 98 but still high (80 was the last one). They're repeating another blood gas this afternoon. We aren't sure why it's so high. We're trying to figure it out but no luck yet. When I got there to see you today you turned purple and blue and had to be bagged. My heart is in turmoil on a regular basis. This is unlike anything I have ever experienced and continues to require more and more of me and us as a family. I took the girls' pregnancies and health for granted. I didn't realize what a huge blessing their term deliveries and health were. I don't think you can fully appreciate those things until you go through a difficult pregnancy and have a baby in the NICU.  Especially a baby as sick as you still are. You are a miracle, Caleb Luke. You have a great purpose and work to do here on earth. I don't understand everything. There are so many things I wish I knew. But I know that your life has a purpose and plan. That Heavenly Father is aware of you and our family. That our Savior is helping us during this, helping you. Oh Caleb, I love you.
xoxo
Mom

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful article. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying the doctors will figure out the CO2 problem quickly...I'm headed to the temple in OKC tomorrow and will be renewing all your names on the prayer roll. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come to your blog multiple times a day waiting for a picture of sweet Caleb smiling. It makes my whole day. Thank you for sharing him with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw your link on a friend's blog. I've been praying for your sweet boy and family for a little while now. I added a link to your blog from mine. I just desperately want a miracle of health and strength for your little Caleb. I hope you don't mind if I posted a picture of him. Of course I can take it down if you wish. All my love to you!!

    ReplyDelete