Friday, June 13, 2014

Finally Julia's Turn

Julia waited so patiently to get her turn to hold you. We waited until her cough was completely gone and she was beyond ready! She absolutely loved holding you! She loved putting the binky in your mouth and she just stroked your hair. You fell asleep while I was helping her hold you. 
She love love loved it. 
You had a pretty good day today. You weren't your normal smiley self and are trying to get used to the new pressures since they changed the vent pressure when you exhale again. But smiley or not we love loving on you. Wait, I take that back. You did smile. When dad kissed your cheek and told you he loved you when he left back to work, you grinned in your sleep. Three times. No way was it coincidence. It was beyond precious. 

Gram took daddy and me out to dinner for our birthdays tonight and we popped in to see you since we were close by. When we walked in you were in the middle of a fit. The RT said you started to get upset when she began your CPT. You love your treatment so I knew something wasn't right if you didn't like it. I glanced at the vent and I said, "wait, he's at 100 percent??!!" I was shocked. The therapist said she had gone up on your oxygen a bunch and that you were still turning blue so she put you at 100. You started coming down and just held my hand. I asked if they checked your diaper and when we did you had a huge poop in there. You usually desat (oxygen saturation in your blood goes down) when you go, just not usually that bad. You must have had a bronchial spasm where you clamp down and no oxygen gets into your lungs. That happens when some people go to the bathroom. Within 15 minutes you were back down to 50. Sheesh. Glad you bounced back so quickly. Goodness we love you. 

I love seeing your sweet face. I love kissing your cheeks. I love holding you. I could hold you all day long. When it's time for me to leave I wish I could hold you for hours. I love your smell. I love holding your chubby hands. I love your smile. I love watching your face and cheeks and lips when you sleep. I love it when I hear you for a split second over your trach. I love your dimples...in your cheeks, knee, and elbows. I love your eyebrows and the way you move them. I love everything about you, sweet boy. 

Sleep tight tonight, Caleb. 
Sure do love you. 
Xoxo
Mom

Here are some pics of your silly sister when she made faces right when we snapped pictures. 

Oh she loves you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how big he is getting. He could eat Julia in one bite!! Her smile in that first pic is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my girl! I love seeing her with him. I hope they are the best of friends :)!!!

    ReplyDelete