Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tuckered out

Because they changed the pressure on your vent yesterday it caught up to you today. You had a really hard morning with lots of agitation, hardly any sleep, and difficulty breathing. You were retracting to breathe (when your chest sucks way in) so your oxygen needs went up. They went back up on your pressure and you're still trying to recover, bless your heart. They gave you medicine to calm you down. It seems when they change the pressure setting it causes you to work so hard that you can't calm down to sleep. As soon as they gave you the medicine, within 5 minutes you were out. You slept really well and your breathing relaxed a little. 

Julia woke up with a cough this morning so I wasn't able to come in to see you today. As long as she has this cough I won't be able to come in. You getting sick would be beyond terrible. It's hard to know you're having a hard day and I can't be with you to hold you and kiss you. 

I love you more than I can say and am sending you thousands of hugs and kisses. I hope you have a more comfortable day tomorrow. Sleep tight, sweet boy. 

Xoxo
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Julia is sick, and that you didn't get to see Caleb today, and that he's tuckered out. I know that those things are really hard on you. Grandma will be on duty soon. Hang on. I love you.

    ReplyDelete