Saturday, May 17, 2014

30's, Take 2!

This morning adrianne texted me this picture of you. You're oxygen was between 34 and 45 yesterday and through the night. Second time in just over a week to dip into the 30's!!! I feel like we are making progress towards coming home! It was around 50 this afternoon after all your crying.
You seemed to like the bouncer until you pooped and had a come apart.
When we got there this afternoon to see you, you were having a hard time. You hasn't slept pretty much all day. You were so tired that you'd only sleep for a few minutes and then wake back up.
You were super upset so I asked adrianne if I could just hold you standing up and rock and bounce you. So adrianne held all the wires and tubes and I rocked and bounced you standing up for the first time ever. It was beyond wonderful. To just hold you and calm you the way I calmed your sisters when they were babies. Within about a minute and a half you were asleep. I savored every second.

Dad and I just checked on you and oh my goodness you couldn't be any cuter.
Love love love you. 
Like crazy. 
The end. 
Xoxo
Mom

5 comments:

  1. It makes me SO happy to think of you being able to rock and bounce Caleb! It is the little things that get you (and all of us who love you guys) through this roller coaster ride. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is so happy!!! I am so happy for good news and special moments with that precious little guy. Goodness you are loved. All of you. Thinking of you and praying for your family ALWAYS. I love seeing the girls with Caleb and knowing you got to bounce him makes me smile in a way only happy Caleb moments can!! I love you Leah Lou. You can do this and you are doing it. So beyond proud of you... maybe I should write a book. "What I have learned through my Rock Star little sisters one heck of a 7.5 months and counting...." Or maybe.... Reflections of faith and trust I learned by watching Leah... perhaps... "How to give your whole heart to each of your children but not be able to fix the problem the way you long to." I have some pondering to do for the title... OH, I LOVE YOU and miss you. Have I mentioned I MISS YOU? It feels like years since I spent the week in the hospital with you last October!! The End. For now. Love you. Miss you. Love you again!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I got so distracted about my book I forgot to give proper mention to how stinking adorable Mr. Caleb is.I LOVE seeing his face tube free. MMMmmmm Mmmm I want to kiss those cheeks over and over and over. I will one day and it will be glorious. Tell Adrianne I am vice president of her fan club. :) We all know you are President. SO grateful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, LEAH!!! Just adorable and wonderful news. Our boys continue to pray for Caleb every night. He is so stinking sweet and the photo of hi sisters with him melts my heart. 30's with the Oxygen!?? INCREDIBLE. MUAH. Much love and continued prayers. XOXO, Becca & James.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia's hand on his head…it's killing me! I feel like Angie…like December was forever ago, and I just wish I could come see you all and take care of the girls again and help you. And he's just the cutest little boy ever! Keep up the good work buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete