Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Busy Busy

Things have been busy here at the hospital...but a good busy which is a nice change. I texted adrianne yesterday to see how your afternoon was and she responded that you were on 36 percent oxygen!!!!!

You haven't been this low in like 4 and a half months! I was grinning from ear to ear. Holy moly buddy! You're working so hard! You're sisters were ecstatic and so were mom and dad.

We are hoping that's the next trend of oxygen numbers. We think it has to do with the PEEP pressure they increased. It had been at 8 and they changed it to 10 (that's the pressure the ventilator gives after a breath).


Adrianne sent the pic of you resting with your wubbanub that a sweet nurse bought you. You also had a special delivery from a fellow NICU buddy to match his wubbanub. You're well thought of buddy!


A few weeks ago you pulled out your g tube and they replaced it with a button. Silly boy. They ordered your j tube to go to your intestine through the g button and it came in yesterday! This morning they were on things so quickly you had already gone to radiology and done the new tube and button and were back in the nursery when we got to the hospital. Busy!!! Janetta said you loved the trip down and looked around everywhere! You did great and were awake and alert for us when we got in. You just focused on our faces and looked all over. 

No tubes in your nose or on your cheek! Wahoo! You love touching your cheek without tape and tubing! Now I can see both cheeks! You fell asleep in dad's arms sitting up.



I adore this picture.


You're oxygen last night and today has been between 50 and 60. You probably tired yourself out from dipping into the 30's for a few hours. And you had an eventful morning!!!

Here you are smiling in your sleep.
You sure are adorable! 

Xoxo
Mom
P.S. You are getting so active you're rubbing a bald spot on your head. It's okay buddy, you're still handsome.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Heck! Are you kidding me? Caleb those cheeks are crazy cute. I want to kiss your face off. AAAAND, way to go on your oxygen buddy. We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of him and Zeb sleeping is priceless! I love see his face entirely uncovered, too! It's so great to see him making such good progress :). Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one had me dissolving into tears. Oh, wow. Leah, he and Zeb are identical. I LOVE THIS BABY SO MUCH. I love YOU so much!! Hugs. Darn it, I have to SEE YOU!! XOXOXOXO. Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gummy smile... SWOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen you in years, but I see your sister Angie and every time she tells me about Caleb she tears up, and then I tear up....what a beautiful family you have! Your children are absolutely breathtaking! I am touched by your faith, strength, and determination as a mother. You are are insipring. I hope you feel the prayers of many. I hope you feel our love. God Bless you, I know he is!

    ReplyDelete