Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Amazing Nurses

Nurses week is every spring to honor the nursing professionals. May 12th was Florence Nightingale's birthday (she completely changed the way people viewed nurses and the way nurses care for patients) so it always falls the week of her birthday. Since I'm new to having nurses care for my baby longer than the few days in the nursery, when I heard about nurses week I instantly wanted to do something to honor and thank the amazing nurses that care for Caleb. 

First I made a book mark for them with an owl dressed as a nurse and wrote on the back. 
This one is for one of the night nurses since Julia pointed out that the eyes look tired. :) 


Here's the finished book marks. 
I also printed pictures of Caleb on 2x2 squares starting from his birth up to just after his trach surgery. I also had some pictures of the nurses and I put the photos inside circles that I sewed shut. 
Along with the pictures I put chocolate riesens...
...with "riesens" we loved each of them on little hearts and circles. 
Some of the things I wrote:
1. You write us notes
2. You truly love Caleb
3. You text how he's doing
4. You laugh at zebs jokes
5. You are attentive
6. You are detail oriented 
7. You help Caleb be comfortable 
8. You're sweet
9. You're kind 
10. You're a friend to Leah 
11. You are someone Leah leans on
12. You are an amazing nurse 
13. You make it easier to be away
14. You discovered that Caleb runs hot

 I made this tag...
And filled a blue mason jar with Swedish fish. I seriously love our last name! 
It was so much fun to do something for the amazing nurses that take care of our sweet Caleb. Honestly I can't even express how much I care about these women. How appreciative I am for all they do for him. For how they treat him and care for him. For the love they have for him and the hours they spend with him. They go above and beyond in so many ways and words can't express how deeply we appreciate them. Our hearts are forever touched because of them. 

I hope these gifts and the time put into them helped them see how appreciative we are.

Caleb has the best nurses ever. 
The end. 
Xoxo
Me

1 comment:

  1. As a nurse myself, I am sure they loved this!! What a sweet and thoughtful thing. Sometimes nursing feels like a thankless job. Thanks for showing nurses you appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete