Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fluffy chick

When I got to the hospital you were sleeping. Your IV was going with antibiotics and the Tylenol had brought your fever down. You were breathing over 100 times per minute. I held you when you woke up. You were upset but were able to calm down. I stroked your head with my fingernails and you fell asleep looking like a fluffy baby chick. 
You were making faces with your mouth which are so cute. 
Such cute lips! 
Adrianne decided to give you Ativan and you were able to sleep more soundly and were breathing much slower. I loved holding you. 
While I was holding you your trach was leaking quite a bit. For a split second I could hear you make noises over the trach while you were crying but it was gone as fast as it came. I would love to hear you. 

Adrianne texted me a picture of you sleeping. 
I love you, Caleb. 
We still haven't gotten any results from the lab tests so we are still waiting. 
I'm sorry buddy. 
Sure do love you. 
Xoxo
Mom

4 comments:

  1. He does look like a fluffy baby chick. A darn cute one. Hang in there buddy. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Leah. I know your Mamma heart is hurting. We are praying and love you more than you know!!

    xoxo
    Ang


    gyjkkkkkkkkkkkk;;;;ooooooooooo[piu7y6ettttttyd y6yyyyyyyyyyrhgr3yytdgfd

    Love, Cohen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just don't think he could be any cuter! I love all the photos!

    And I don't comment on every post but I do read (and anxiously wait for) them every day. One day we will meet for lunch or dinner but I am on bed rest so it will be a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so grateful they're taking such good care of our little guy. He manages to be adorable through all the ups and downs. I'm glad they started the IV, and that the labs will be back soon, and that medical science is beyond amazing. He really does have a beautiful mouth! I adore him.

    ReplyDelete