Thursday, July 10, 2014

Our Sweet Boy

Caleb Luke Fish
December 12, 2013 – July 8, 2014

Caleb Luke Fish was born on December 12, 2013, to Zeb and Leah Fish and his four sisters, Claire, Hallie, Audrey and Julia.  Born at 29 weeks, weighing 3 pounds 4 ounces, Caleb miraculously remained inside his mother’s womb despite her water breaking at 19 weeks.  After birth, it was evident that Caleb’s lungs were significantly underdeveloped, making the length of his life unknown.  He fought courageously and valiantly for nearly seven months surrounded by so many who love him.  Though we are grieving, our minds and hearts are filled with memories that we will always cherish.  His giant spirit and beautiful disposition have touched many lives.  We find comfort in the knowledge we have that he is now free of his struggles in the arms of our loving Savior and is surrounded by dear loved ones.  We are honored to be the parents of such a courageous spirit and are grateful to know that Caleb is a part of our eternal family.

For information about his viewing and funeral please go here. All are welcome to attend.

10 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers like so many now are with you! What a beautiful boy who has touched so many lives! Hugs!-Susan Richardson Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  2. He lives. His spirit is so large, it's like this sweet baby couldn't be contained to simply this world and now he is in both. I love you. I love you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said. Beautifully lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing little baby boy born into an incredible family. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't even grasp that he's gone. I sob every time I come to this page. I just love that sweet baby. I started at the beginning of this blog and I am just in awe of Sweet Caleb and his strong spirit. Thank you so much for sharing him. He changed so many people in his short life. Wow. I know he is most valiant spirit chosen for this specific reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so heartbreaking! My prayers and thoughts will continue to be with your whole family. I am just so sorry! He is definitely such a special boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have shown such strength though such a trial. Although I do not know you personally your story has touches my heart. I pray he will heal your pain and give you strength to face life on earth without this sweet child. My prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leah, I have thought of you and Caleb often, Today I decided to try and look you guys up and was devestated to find out about your lose. Caleb must have whispered that you needed some extra thoughts today. I am praying for peace and healing and hope. The time we spent with you guys in the NICU has stayed with me as Caleb has. When I would go to vist James and to hold him I always prayed for him and for some reason I always prayed for baby Fish as well -- You are in my thoughts on my mind and in my heart -- Jennifer Armistead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I appreciate you taking the time to pray for Caleb and for trying to find us. We are so blessed to be his parents.

      Delete
  9. I have been thinking about your family and praying for strength and comfort with each new day.

    ReplyDelete