Saturday, July 5, 2014

First 4th of July

You're just the cutest patriotic baby ever. Cheryl brought this hat from the nursery and it didn't quite fit like it was supposed to. But let's be honest, you're adorable no matter what! 
I can't get enough of you. 
Dad came to see you in the morning and I came in the afternoon. You worked on your leg muscles with daddy. You were tired but calm with me and then just as I was leaving you gave me some grins. Your smiles absolutely make me melt. We did swimming, a BBQ and fireworks with the girls. 

The other day was one of my favorite memories with you. I had just picked gram up from the airport and stopped by to see you on the way back. Gram stayed in the car with your sisters since they cant see you for a few weeks (they were exposed to a sickness that could be fatal for you so they have to wait for 21 days to see you). When I got up to the NICU Scott and Bill were just finishing your breathing treatment and were about to do your trach care. I walked up and said, "Caleb, hello sweet boy! What are you doing?" You smiled so big and started to kick your legs. You knew the sound of my voice and got so happy. It  was so rewarding and so precious. That moment will be one I always cherish. You're just so sweet. 

It's crazy to think that exactly 9 months ago today my water broke. It's never broken on its own before. All 4 girls were born after the doctors broke my water. I hadn't been on bed rest a day in my life until I was pregnant with you just before my water broke. Don't know what in the world happened with my body that time. 

Caleb, I am grateful for the miracle of your life and grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who guides our lives. For a savior that comforts us and loves us no matter what we face. 

I love you more than there are sands in the sea. 
Xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment