Monday, February 24, 2014

Where you came from

Before you were born you lived in Heaven with Heavenly Father.  We are all his spirit children. In order for you, and all of us, to be like heavenly father and enjoy all the blessings he enjoys, it is necessary to come to earth and gain a body. To experience life and decide for ourselves which path we want to follow, good or evil. Agency is given to us to make our own decisions and choices and show Heavenly Father where our hearts truly lie. As part of our test on earth, when we are born, we forget life before we came. We don't remember heaven and we must rely on faith instead of sight. Families are a part of Heavenly Fathers plan. We are sent here on earth to live together as Families. To grow together and help each other. If we live righteously and use our agency to make good choices we can live with each other and Heavenly Father again.

However, we all make mistakes. Because of those sins and mistakes we wouldn't be allowed into Heavenly Fathers presence again. But our Father in Heaven loves us so much that He sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and atone for our sins. To play the role of mercy and be our mediator. Through his grace and mercy we can seek forgiveness. As we rely on the atonement of Jesus Christ we come to recognize that He is the one that can help us endure our trials, our sickness, our heartaches, and our pain. Not only does he make it so that we can repent of our sins but he also suffered our heartaches and knows how to succor us. When we are given trials He will always be there to comfort us, if we seek Him. There will always be trials. Since we can't walk through life knowing what lies ahead, we are required to walk by faith instead of sight.

Caleb, this trial is so hard. It seems there are days I don't know how I can bear it any longer.  When I left the hospital today I cried harder than I ever have when leaving you. Today is your due date. I warned you there would be tears, and I didn't disappoint. I can't tell you how much I want to bring you home. It's been almost 5 months that someone in our family has been in the hospital. You alone have been in the hospital over 70 days. I want your sisters to meet you. I want to hold you and take care of you. But I know that part of life is enduring our trials, even really hard ones. Unfortunately we wouldn't know joy if we didn't experience pain. This trial has taught me many things. I am trying my hardest to endure this trial and so is daddy. I want you to know that you were meant to be in our family. Heavenly Father sent you to us for a reason. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be your mother. So grateful that after thinking we were done with kids Heavenly Father sent you to us. I am grateful for our Savior and his role in our lives. For the hope He gives to each of us. For the strength He gives me to keep going. For the comfort and peace only He can give. I love you, baby boy.




Your sisters picked me flowers on their way home from school, love them. 


Sweet friends decorated our door and another brought my signature chocolate. 




Hang in there sweet boy. We love you. So many love you. 

Xoxo
Mom

2 comments:

  1. All of the photos of your family are just precious. There is so much Love. Yes. XOXO. I *need* to meet these girls. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you posting your testimony on families. I can only imagine the feelings you are experiencing today (and throughout this experience). I will continue to pray for all of you, as I have experienced the strength of many people praying for you and having the feeling of being a child of God brought on by those prayers.

    ReplyDelete