Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nap time

The day is already over but I didn't want to go to sleep without writing to you. 

Dad held you this afternoon. It's so sweet to see you two together. I love the way he talks to you. The way he holds your hand. They way he takes care of you when he gets the chance. 



You lost a little weight due to the LASIX. You're at 6 pounds 4 ounces. You were at 65-70 percent oxygen for the last 2 days and then this afternoon you dropped to 54!! We are hoping that one of these days you stay on the low end and don't go back up. In order to be on the home vent your oxygen needs to be in the 30's. You had your second immunization shot today and will get the last shot tomorrow. You seem to be tolerating them well so far and I'm so grateful for that. 

After dad held you and had to leave, I had a little time before I needed to pick up Julia so I got to hold you. Oh how I love to be close to you. You slept so soundly it was just the sweetest thing. I ended up falling asleep too! It was such a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I felt spoiled. I loved every. single. minute. 

This week I brought you valentines from your sisters. I love seeing them hanging up on your crib. They love you so much. Yesterday morning when I was getting them breakfast Audrey said, "Mom, I had a dream last night. And it was a good one. I dreamed that Caleb was at 20 and the nurse said he could come home. He still had tubes and stuff but after a month he got to come home. He had tubes at home for a while but then he didn't anymore and we got to play with him!" The excitement and joy she felt was written all over her face. It was just the cutest thing. I bet your sister would sleep all day and night with dreams like that. I was so happy she had such a beautiful dream. 

Love you little mister. 

Xoxo
Mom


3 comments:

  1. What a trooper you all are! I love seeing pics of you guys being able to hold him. It will be such a sweet day when your girls are able to hold him and play with him, too! I pray for that day so much! Happy Valentine's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much. Makes me tearful. Oh, Leah. What a blessing your family is. I feel the LOVE practically radiate off my computer screen and I just want to add to it. <3 LOVE and Prayers continue. XO, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah..i am Linda, Cara's mom, who is little Hayden's mom. I've gotten a few peeks at your sweet little one, and I want you to know I'm praying for him. I appreciate your honesty and faith in our great God. I pray He sustains you beyond your wildest imaginations. hugs

    ReplyDelete