Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dad

Hey sweet boy,
Yesterday was a pretty busy day at work for dad and he wasn't able to see you. So at 11:30 last night he drove to the hospital to spend some time with you. He slept for a few hours in a chair by your bed and came home around 6 this morning. I am amazed at your father. The love he has for you is so evident. Not just in the things he does to spend time with you but in the way he looks at you and talks to you. 

Your dad has the strongest worth ethic and is the absolute hardest worker. In everything he does. He provides for our family temporally and spiritually. He has a kind heart and is very tender. The way he took care of me on bed rest was amazing. He planned sweet thoughtful things on top of doing physical things for me. He was mom and dad for almost 3 months during my bed rest. He is such an amazing father and husband. A truly exceptional person. Each day I love your dad and appreciate him more than the day before. We've been married for 13 years. In fact, just 4 days after you were born was our 13th wedding anniversary. It was the day I was discharged after being in the hospital for 71 days. After 71 days I got to sleep next to him again. That was a pretty awesome gift. 

He got take out from that oh so yummy Mexican restaraunt. We exchanged gifts and your dad knocked mine out of the park. He got me the cutest riding boots ever. I got him some things for his road bike, among which was a new helmet. When he put it on we laughed pretty hard. It looked like he was wearung a12 year old's helmet. Needless to say, he had to take that gift back. Shucks. 



When I told him he did an awesome job with the boots he said, "it's not rocket science. I just googled riding boots." I told him he was not giving himself enough credit. I couldn't have picked better ones. Love 'em. 

Today we came to the hospital and dad and I took turns seeing you while the other stayed with the girls in the family lounge. The girls managed to pass the time by doing this:


We stopped at the store before getting to the hospital to buy you a mirror for the side of your crib. The nurses thought you might like looking at yourself and we agreed. So here it is:


I love seeing you in clothes. And I love the expressions you make with your eyes. They're the best. 


Well little mister, you're up to 6 pounds 2.1 ounces!!! Your oxygen was between 50 and 60 today and you're just as cute as can be. 


Dad also got me a bracelet with his initial on it for out anniversary. Then for Christmas he bought me the initial for each of your names. I love wearing my bracelets to remind me of all of you. After being away from daddy and the girls for so long and being away from you for so long now, these bracelets are very close to my heart. I look forward to the day we can all be together more than I can express. That will be an amazing and beautiful day. 

Xoxo
Me

1 comment:

  1. I love this like crazy. Your GIRLS are Soooo Sweet. Love you, Leah!

    ReplyDelete