Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oh my

Mom and dad know that when you gain a lot of weight in a day or two that you are retaining water. Yesterday was no exception. When they did your chest x ray this morning your lungs looked very wet, so the doctor ordered an oral diuretic that you've had before called LASIK. It pulls the excess water from your body and you get rid of it through your pee. After weighing you this evening you had lost 8 ounces! That's a lot of excess fluid buddy. You're now 5 and a half pounds. Your oxygen tonight is hovering at 68-70 percent and you're just as cute as ever. I brought the few new things we bought you last night and I loved putting you in my favorite onesie. I will post pictures as soon as I download them from the camera. 

When we got to the hospital you were wide awake. It was so fun to watch you look at the mobile and look around wide eyed. Then tonight just before the girls went to bed we watched you on the web cam and they oohed and aahed. They love to see you especially when you have your eyes open like you did tonight. The girls talked to you and wished you could hear them. Julia said, "I bet when he's a teenager he'll be mean to us." It was so funny. 

Hope you sleep well. Can't wait to see you again tomorrow. 

Xoxo
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment