Sunday, February 23, 2014

Numbers

Well little big guy you're up to 6 pounds 15.5 ounces! Yesterday you had your lowest percent oxygen on CPAP! You got down to 42 which is incredible. Three days ago you pooped 4 dirty diapers (3 diapers in one shot after a sopository). 
I love spending time with you. So does your daddy. Unfortunately when we were visiting you tonight you had a rough time. You were at 67 percent oxygen so we decided to hold you. After I held you for a bit you went up to 85 which was odd since you weren't super upset or anything, you were just sleeping. I handed you to daddy so he could have a turn thinking your saturation levels would even out. 
But your oxygen needs went up to 96 percent!! We put you back in your crib and stressed like crazy. You got up to 98 and I was so worried you were going to have to be intubated and back on the vent. Dad sat by your crib and patted your back, held your hand and sang to you. I was a stress case in the chair. Thankfully you went down to 75 percent after about half an hour. 
You liked being on your tummy and liked your daddy's attention. I'm so grateful your oxygen went down. Numbers are hard. The NICU roller coaster is hard. Yesterday you were at your lowest and today you reached your highest. It's just plain tough. But no matter where your numbers are just know you are incredibly loved, little boy. 

Tonight before bedtime Audrey said, "I want to meet Caleb more than anything in the entire world." 

You have so many people who love you and pray for you. You are one special boy. 

Goodnight little big guy. See you tomorrow. 

Xoxo 
Mom
Ps tomorrow is your due date so be prepared for me to be emotional. Just a fair warning. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not great at commenting, but I think of you often, I check your blog daily, and you're in my prayers. He is adorable...I love his chubby cheeks. Your strength and testimony inspires me. Now when I hear the roar song, I think of Caleb. Hang in there today! Know you're loved and thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is your gestational birthday, Caleb! You have already wrapped dozens (maybe hundreds) of people around your pinky finger, engineered your own switch to CPAP, starred in a movie about a binky, and called down the powers of heaven. What a special boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I have never met but I started following your sweet little Caleb a while ago. I keep this page pulled up on my computer and refresh it several times a day because I have been praying so hard for little Caleb. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with our 4th and I can not imagine the amount of stress your beautiful family has been feeling since you prematurely ruptured your membranes. I have such hope and faith that Caleb will get to come home with you...I am praying so hard that Heavenly Father will bless you with peace and comfort on these hard days. I know it's completely different situations, but, our oldest was just diagnosed in September with Type 1 diabetes. She is only 8 years old and in one instant our entire world was turned upside down. Diabetes is a nasty little disease that doesn't play by any rules. We can do the EXACT same things from day to day, with each day resulting in completely different blood sugars. Some days she can't seem to not go low (the lows are the scariest because she suddenly becomes very unable to talk/walk/function) and then some days we can't get her blood sugars to stay below 200 no matter what we do, or how much insulin we administer. I hate the ups and downs. My moods tend to move with her numbers, with good days resulting in a happier, more calm mama, and the bad days resulting in many tears and prayers and anguish. It's not even close to what you guys are experiencing with Caleb, but know that I understand the emotional roller coaster to a certain extent. We are praying for Caleb all the way from Lehi Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, its Eric. Love you guys, Caleb and your family. I feel honored and proud to consider you friends. Keep up the faith! Me, Cindy, Atticus, Isaac and Isabel will keep praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete