Sunday, February 16, 2014

Growing

You, my sweet boy, are growing like crazy. You weigh 6 pounds 10.4 ounces and measure 19 1/4 inches. You've more than doubled your birthweight and have grown almost 4 inches! You seem to tolerate being held so much better. Your oxygen needs have stayed more stable this past week when we hold you. That's been so relieving to not feel like we are making things harder on you by holding you. In fact the last 2 times I've held you your oxygen went down 2 percent and your saturation levels stayed in the goal range. 

Your blood needs to have a certain oxygen saturation to be at a normal level. When the oxygen saturation levels drop you require more oxygen to put your saturation in the normal range. You were in the 50s all day yesterday and when they did your blood gas this morning your CO2 leavels looked good so they were able to change the pressure. When the pressure changes oxygen needs can go up. You went up to 63. When I came to the hospital you were at 63 then when I left you were at 58. 

I love to hold you. It's so soothing and conforting. I'm so grateful you're able to tolerate it more and that you seem to love it too. Our time together each day is beautiful. So good for my heart. 


Sweet dreams, little mister. 

Xoxo
Mom 

1 comment: