Monday, February 10, 2014

38 Weeks

Well my sweet boy, we are 2 weeks from your due date. The date is fast approaching and I wish I could freeze time. We have these 2 weeks to see if we can wean your settings so you can be extubated. If that isn't close to happening then we will be figuring out a long term plan for a tracheostomy and home ventilation. The doctor is talking about doing LASIX every day since you seem to really need it. Although the side effects are pretty big, we need to make progress. We also have your immunizations coming up and although I'd like to avoid introducing those to you while you're still so sick, if you were to get some of the illnesses it could be fatal. About a week after your 2 month vaccinations is when we are looking to start your second round of steroids. Initially we weren't going to do another round but we are running out of options. 

You had another eye exam today which makes your eyes puffy. You'll have another exam in a month and hear results hopefully tomorrow. Since the follow up is a month away it seems the exam went well or they would have needed and wanted to see you sooner. 

Here is a pic after the exam. So sad. :(


Since you had your eyes dilated and they are sensitive to light we covered them with the giraffe blanket from your sissies. It seemed to help. 


Here's you waving at the camera after I changed your diaper. The nurse said you pooped on your own this morning. Yay! You've needed sopositories lately so that's pretty great! :)


Your oxygen yesterday was in the 40's which was great. For some reason your night was harder and you were up to and still at 67/68. You're up to 6 pounds 4 ounces today! I sang you you're weekly birthday song. It made me cry. You're adorable and sweet and so incredibly loved. Beyond measure little boy, beyond measure. 

Xoxo
Mom


1 comment:

  1. Oh his little puffy eyes! Poor guy has been through so much. I want to meet him and hug him. I ache for the girls. I am sure they wish they could hang out with the little guy. I'm so glad that he's growing, and I try to focus on all the good things that are happening, and I hope only for the best to happen. We are all pulling for you little buddy! Love love love you!!!

    ReplyDelete