Friday, February 7, 2014

Green Light

Hey little mister! 
Thank goodness the roads were way better today. It gave me the green light to be able to go to the hospital. It's so hard to not be able to see you so I'm grateful I could today. 

They gave you a dose of LASIX since your retaining water again and your urine output was down. Your oxygen was down to 60 today which I think is a correlation to LASIX. It was 70 last night. I just wish possible side effects weren't hearing loss, problems in growth and kidney stones because it's something you need. In fact they are going to do a dose every other day. 

While I was there you were frustrated a little with your tube. You were pulling my finger to your mouth so I gave you a binky to suck on. I rested my hand on your face to distract you from the tube and It totally worked. Didn't take long before you fell asleep. Oh I could spend every minute with you. I wish I could be two places at once. I would never leave your side. 


You're just too precious for words. 
Sure do love you. 

Xoxo
Mom

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Atticus Hansen's blog and have been a silent reading (and cheering!) for your sweet family. Caleb is so cute, I just love his cheeks! He is loved so well, I hope he comes home soon so he can be spoiled by his sisters! Much love from Salem, Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cheeks get me every time! It's too bad he gets frustrated with his tube, but I also see it as a sign that he is growing and exploring his environment. But all it takes is a little love from Mom to calm him down! So sweet. Glad you were able to make it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serioulsy Love Love LOVE that baby boy!! Glad the Lasix is helping. So happy you could spend time with Caleb yesterday. Tell him Auntie Angie loves him. I love your updates. My hearts is in Dallas.. always.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete