Friday, March 28, 2014

Decisions

Decisions are hard. Decisions about what to do for you are extremely hard. The doctors and nurses keep saying we are between a rock and a bigger rock. Yup. 

Do we do one surgery or split in two? 
Do we do any surgery right now? Are both too risky? What if you could benefit from both now and you'd recover fine? What if both would be too much? What if one is too much? Should we wait until you're more stable? How long would that be? What if we wait too long? Oh Caleb, these decisions are some of the toughest decisions we have ever faced. We want to do what is best for you. We are praying for guidance and strength. There is no way around the difficulty of this situation. We have been dealing with gray areas for 6 months. 

I love you, baby boy. Oh how I love you. 


Sleep tight. 
Xoxo
Mom 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Leah. I am just sick. Sorry is such a lame word in this situation. I am so so sorry. It gives me such a pit in my stomach. Isaac prays for Caleb every night in his personal prayers as do Eric and I. We love you �� fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts knowing the difficulty of these decisions you are having to make. Caleb has been through more than any sweet baby should, but he is also extremely blessed. He is blessed with a mom, dad and sisters who love him to the core. He is blessed with parents who are prayerful and are trying so hard to do what is best for him. He is blessed with a Father in Heaven who loves him and sends him the Comforter to carry him through these hard times. He is blessed with a perfect little spirit so strong that I can feel him all the way in Utah. I love him. I love you. I'm praying so hard that the Lord will guide you through these decisions and, if it His will, that Caleb will physically overcome these difficulties and get to a place where he can thrive. I carry a constant prayer in my heart for that little miracle. He truly is a miracle. He fought to grow within you as long as he could, he has fought to live, fought to be near you, he is a fighter and such a sweet little miracle. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete