Saturday, March 1, 2014

Exciting

This week has been hard. Extremely hard. I would say one of the hardest weeks since September last year when everything started. I was thinking about you today (as always) and it dawned on me that I haven't been able to hold you. The last time I held you was Sunday when you went up to 98 percent oxygen and it was rough. That means I haven't had my therapy holding sessions and I can tell. Although things are still uncertain, when I hold you it gives me strength and comfort. It energizes me in a way I can't describe. The love I feel from you is something I can draw from. It is beautiful. I am so grateful I got to hold you today. 
You're up to 7.7 pounds and they upped your calorie supplement to 27. The doctors are giving you lots of extra calories to make sure you grow. You are definitely not dissapointing. Your daddy is a wonderful man. There wasn't time for both of us to hold you today so he insisted that I hold you. 

You are pretty worn out and your vent settings are still high. You deserve a very long break and I hope you continue to sleep well. 

These pics are from my visit with you yesterday. 




You're just so sweet I can hardly stand it. I love seeing your hair again and the little fluffy spikes you were sporting yesterday. I love the dimple in your knee. I love seeing your eyes and nose again. And your jowels, I love them. 

I have the best news....you get to meet your sisters for the first time tomorrow!!!! The head nurse agreed that they can meet you this one time since they haven't seen you yet and we want to bless you. It's something they have been wanting so much and I'm just so excited. We get to be together, all of us, for the first time on your blessing day. We can't wait. 

Get some rest my sweet boy. Tomorrow is going to be exciting! 

Xoxo
Mom 

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I'm sure the girls are so excited...I bet bedtime was fun at your house ;). I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy for your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful news! Enjoy your special day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete