Thursday, March 27, 2014

Love Bug

When I got to the hospital you woke up and were all wide eyed. I needed to pump before I held you so I patted your little booty and let you hold my finger to try and get you back to sleep. 
You held on to me super tight and it melted my heart. You fell asleep within minutes. 
Adrianne mentioned that she calls you love bug because you love to hold hands. I think it's so sweet she calls you that. I quickly pumped so I could settle in and hold you. 
Right when we got everything situated to hold you, you filled your diaper. It was pretty funny. Once that was clean I got to hold you. Nice and snuggly. I even fell asleep for just a couple minutes with you. 
While I was holding you the doctor came in. He talked about a few things and then mentioned a conversation he had with the pulmonologist. The part of the surgery that the docs are apprehensive about is the g tube with the Nissen. That is a major part of the surgery with a big incision and higher risk. They talked about doing just the tracheostomy first and once you've had a few months to become more stable to do the more major surgery. The docs really feel like you need the trach the most and since it will still take several months to come home we can do the other part of the surgery later. Normally they don't split the surgeries up but youre not the typical case. I feel like that is a great compromise to the risk of doing all the surgeries at once and that you'd be able to benefit from the trach right away. I talked to dad and we will continue to think about things. The doctor said when they were discussing this it was an aha moment. I'm so grateful for such wonderful doctors that really have your best interest at heart. 

I called to check on you this afternoon and Adrianne said you pooped like 5 times. Sounds like you're a super pooper lately. 

After I held you and put you back in your crib you were fast asleep again. 
You're just the sweetest, cutest, most loveable little guy. 

Xoxo
Mom


3 comments:

  1. That is genius! Wish I would have thought of it weeks ago! Love you so much it hurts. All of you. Kiss those squishy cheeks for me... oh how I love that boy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the doctors had a flash of revelation! I love that 3rd picture...Caleb is getting some fantastic baby thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ his cheekers

    ReplyDelete