Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wide Eyed

Yesterday you were awake for several hours and just looked around. It was after I left the hospital so I didn't get to see you alert. Today you were awake for a few hours while I was there which was so awesome. You just stared at me, watched the mobile and stared at me some more. You were still awake when I got to hold you so I held you in front of me and talked to you. I loved it. 

Tomorrow is your care conference. I'm so grateful granny and papa are here so that dad and I can really focus on this decision and know that the girls are getting attention and loved on. Out of all the doctors, respiratory therapists, and nurses not one of them thinks you just need more time to come off the ventilator. They believe for your situation you need a tracheostomy with the g tube and need months to grow, not weeks. We are making this decision with your best interest in mind, over lots of time and through prayer. We love you more than we can express sweet boy. So glad you're ours. 

Xoxo
Mom 

5 comments:

  1. Love you. Love you. I will hold tomorrow in special prayer. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my prayers.. Lord , please give healing to sweet Caleb! Linda ,aka Cara's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet pictures! Prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you've a hard decision to make, but may the Lord be with you and your family always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such hard decisions you've had to make the last few months. We will be saying a special prayer that you may be inspired and feel confident in whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete