Friday, November 29, 2013

So Much to be Thankful for...


Grateful to have such great friends in Texas that we're family. Grateful my family had an amazing home cooked meal. Thank you, dear friend. 


Love the pictures of the kids at dinner. 


Amazing pies...from scratch. 


Loved the touches for the kids!!!


After the amazing dinner Zeb, the girls, and Steph came here for pie and to bring me a plate of the yummy food. I am so grateful for my family. Words can't express how much they mean to me 


The girls got to go home with Aunt Stephanie for a sleepover and Zeb was able to stay with me. It was wonderful. 


In no matter what circumstances we are in I can't help but think that there are things to be thankful for. If we take a moment to pause and think about our lives with a positive perspective there are always blessings. Some days they are harder to see, but they are there. 


My sister made this book for me a few years ago and I had everyone write what they were thankful for this year. Here are a few things each person wrote:
Julia-dinner, parents, fish, house...
Audrey-church, Heavenly Father, mom and dad...
Hallie-aunts, uncles, cousins, brother Caleb, the world...
Claire-friends, life, Caleb and Atticus
Aunt Stephanie-to be a mother, her husband, to be in Texas for thanksgiving (which she gives Cindy a shoutout for a yummy dinner)...
Zeb-family, friends, job, wife, good relationship with in laws...
Me-grateful to still be pregnant, for a husband that is amazing and has been mom AND dad for 10 weeks while still taking care of me, being here for Caleb and me (and providing strength and a shoulder for me), for my girls and the many people that take care of them, for the second moms they have each week to fill in for me, for the countless acts of service on our behalf, for the hundreds of prayers said for our family, for the visits and messages, and for mine and Zeb's families and the help and love we feel from them. 

"When we encounter challenges and problems in our lives, it is often difficult for us to focus on our blessings. However, if we reach deep enough and look hard enough, we will be able to feel and recognize just how much we have been given."
President Thomas S. Monson 

Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh and I passed my 3 hour glucose test this morning. Wahoo! 

Xoxo
Me 

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you had a good Thanksgiving! I did too. Now I'm tackling the YW's calendars!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that you are still preggers :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! You and Cindy are both amazing! Glad we met both of you in Waco and have been able to keep in the loop through blogs and FB. I think of both of you during random times of being a mother, You are both great examples! :) And happy you passed the glucose test, too ! :)

    ReplyDelete