Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Hump Day!

At lunch I got to see this handsome man (who, by the way, is embracing Movember and letting his facial hair grow). It was a pleasant surprise to see him and even more of a surprise that he brought his work with him. He spent the afternoon here working on the couch next to me. It was fabulous. He brought 3 new pairs of frames for me to try on to see which I like best. He is buying me new glasses! So thoughtful. The last pair we got was during law school and they need updating big time, not to mention my vision is worse. I'm super glad he has such good taste. Love my man.


Julia informed my friend that the doctors took away my hospital bed so I have to sleep on the floor but that it's okay because I have pillows and a blanket. She said they had to give my bed to another lady that was having a baby but that I'll get it back once she has the baby. She also said they took my tv away because the batteries died. This girl is too funny. We played old maid on Sunday and one of the cards was a mailman. Julia yells out, "hey, that's a cumminity helper!" Love that she is learning at school. I got a text from a friend on Sunday that said Julia was sporting 2 different shoes at church. Gotta love this spunky, swimsuit modeling in November, loves to strut her stuff 4 year old. 


Audrey got all dolled up at a friends house after school today. Hair, nails and all. I love this picture. Love that friends are dolling my girls up. She is getting to be such a fantastic reader. I love hearing her read and can't believe how much she is learning. When she was at Costco with the girls they saw a basketball hoop set up for people to shoot hoops. One of the girls said, "can we play?" Audrey's response was, "when it's free, knock yourself out!" Love her personality. She is adjusting better, still misses me but has so much support at school and with friends. Love this smart, fun, giggle box of a 7 year old. 


This was one afternoon this week Claire was very caught up in her book. Oh that is so me. I love that she loves to read and can't wait until we are reading the same books and discussing them. Claire wanted to do pre AP math this year and is doing great. Math is totally up Zeb's alley and he is a great teacher. He is rocking the dad department with Claire's math homework. Claire started wearing my roxy hoodie to school and I don't mind at all. In fact, I feel like she is taking a part of me around with her wherever she wears it. She stays up later than the other girls this year. Since I've been in the hospital she usually watches a show with Zeb and I love that they get that time together. I adore this responsible, comforting big sister, sporty and loveable 11 year old. 


Hallie has been such a helper lately. Seems she is stepping up to the big sister and helper role a lot recently. For a friends birthday party she just kept seeing things she could help with and did so many things to help all the little kids. She is doing great in school and loves her teacher. Seems she always has something of a friends that they let her "borrow" for the day. Girls are funny that way. Looking back when I was little it was always fun to wear something that was my friends, guess that hasn't changed. Girls will be girls. She has such a tender heart and hates having any conflict. I love this spunky, happy to help, smart 9 year old fashionista.


Caleb moves like crazy. I woke up to him just movin around. I love that he moves so much because it helps me know he is okay. My tummy is starting to round more and I love watching him nudge me here and there. I can't help but think about how strong this little guy is. It makes me smile. 

The other night the girls were telling me about how Audrey's school class used the first letter of each students name to describe them. We decided to do it for each family member. 
Here's what we agreed on:
Zesty Zeb (if you have seen the side of his personality that is hilarious you know why this fits him).
Loveable Leah 
Cuddly Claire
Huggable Hallie 
Awesome Audrey 
Jammin Julia 
Courageous Caleb

There you have it.
Half way through the week! 
Another day down. 
Xoxo
Me 

3 comments:

  1. Dying over Julia workin' it in the swimming suit.. .with all her hair to one side!! Your girls are fabulous and wonderful.... just like their parents! Tell Zeb his stache is sweet! I love all the names you came up with!! SO fun! I want to do that for family night next week. Oh, speaking of family night... Have I told you that my girls STILL thank Justin for working everyday when they thank me for dinner. How long has it been since you told me about that?? Love you to pieces!! You ARE loveable Leah! Oh, and so sorry to hear you lost your bed?? What? She kills me!! No bed or TV... I would request a transfer for sure! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first, I can totally hear Julia telling that story!! Totally up the alley of what she would tell me often! hahaha. And Audrey looks exactly like you in that pic, total twinners! I'm glad everyone is doing so well and that Caleb is so strong and good! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Caleb got a special name, too. It's fun to think about his personality, and to see him as one of the fam. It just feels right!

    ReplyDelete