Monday, November 11, 2013

We made it to 25 weeks!!!

I can't help but feel amazed when I think of how far we have come since my water broke at 19 weeks and 5 days. Each day I am still pregnant feels like a miracle. Now that he is big enough to survive,  each day Caleb grows on the inside is 2 less days in the NICU. Each day he grows on the inside his survival rate goes up 2-3 percent. It feels like ages ago when I was first admitted to the hospital but at the same time, time doesn't drag on each day which is a blessing. Each day is cherished. We made it to 25 weeks!!! 


After visitors this morning, which is always a treat, I went for my bi weekly sono. After the sono I came back to my room to find these cupcakes to celebrate!!! So thoughtful. 
Caleb's blood flow to the cord looked good. My fluid was 3.6cm which we're happy about. Grateful there is at least SOME in there. I have a blood clot that is about 5cm over the cervix which is still there and that's okay. After one day going to the real bathroom and one shower (which felt great) I am back to using the bedpan and sponge baths. I don't mind. I'd go in a bedpan for a year if it was necessary. It's something I feel like I can do to make even a small difference. 

Between bed rest at home and hospital I've bee in bed for 50 days. 
Zeb has been mom AND dad for over 7 weeks. 
I learned your water can break and you can stay pregnant for weeks.
Since my water broke we have made it 37 more days still pregnant. 
Since I bled in the hospital and started contracting we have managed to stay pregnant another 5 days.
I have witnessed the strength that comes from hundreds of people praying for you and your family. 
I have received countless acts of service and love on a daily basis. 
I have come to know firsthand what giving your burdens to The Lord feels like.
I know firsthand that The Lord will carry us through our trials if we turn to him.
I know that although this trial is hard, I choose how I react and no one can decide that for me.  I can choose to see each day as a blessing and be grateful for what I know, not dwell on what I don't.
I wake up each day grateful to be pregnant and take things one day at a time. 

After 37 "one day at a times," we have made it to 25 weeks!!!!!

Xoxo
Me



2 comments:

  1. You're a rock star Leah! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment for you! I'm so thankful that you have made it 25 weeks, congratulations. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete