Friday, November 22, 2013

Not Much...

Well, there isn't much to report here. Which is a good thing. 

I could pretty much renovate any home and know how to shop for homes in multiple countries. Too bad watching it on TV doesn't translate into actual experience doing those things. If it did, I'd have a lot more skills than I came to the hospital with. 

There is no curtain by the door so when food service comes with my food they just walk right in. I am happy to report that they have never walked in on me using the bedpan, thank goodness. The workers are all females which makes it less awkward if they did walk in at the time of my duties. Considering that I've probably had close to 100 meals delivered in the last 4 weeks, I think it's pretty awesome there hasn't been an "encounter." Note: My favorite was today when the food worker pointed to my bedpan and asked if I used it if I needed to vomit. 

I will never ever forget my birthday. I have said it hundreds of times during my hospital stay. I am happy to report that when I get old and possibly have dementia I will always remind my family and friends of my birthday, that I am certain. 

I feel guilty every time they ask me if I want pet therapy. They come ask once a week and I always say no. I feel bad every time. But honestly I have no idea what I would do. I don't have pets, except Herbie the fish, and have never really been an animal person. I know that might seem heartless to animal lovers out there. But just know that I am never mean to them or negative towards them. I think they are wonderful. 

I have the sweetest lady come clean my room in the mornings. She is Hispanic and I love her accent. She has dimples and the sweetest disposition. The first thing she says each morning is, "How you do feel today?" She says it in the nicest most sincere way and it makes me happy every morning. She loves her job and I think she is amazing. When she leaves she always says the same thing, "Is there anything else I can do for you Mrs. Fish?" When I tell her no says, "Let me know if there is anything else you need, Mrs. Fish." I seriously love her. 

The hair on my legs was competing in length with Zeb's. He was a gem and brought me an electric razor to have here. Ahhhhh. 

I no longer have amniotic fluid dreams so I really hope that doesn't translate into wetting the bed in the future and not waking up to it. I think I should be safe, right? 

Here are some pictures of Julia with friends. I am so grateful for everyone that helps take care of my girls, feed them, clean our house, mow the lawn (an anonymous friend) and everything in between. I miss my girls. 





Xoxo
Me

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I totally know what you mean by pet therapy! I would turn them down too!

    ReplyDelete