Monday, November 25, 2013

So Happy!

So happy to be at 27 weeks. Each day is big. Each week is huge. I am so happy to have reached this date still pregnant. Had my ultrasound this morning. When the tech measured my fluid it was .7 but she said his bladder was full. The doctor came in and measured and got 4.6! She looked at his bladder and it was empty! 

I love that I was able to see the difference before and after he peed because it lets me see that it really does fluctuate not just on a daily basis but hourly basis. If there are periods throughout the day when he has 4-5 cm of fluid, he could be swallowing fluid and getting a chance for his lungs develop properly.  He pees for 2 reasons. 1. He swallows amniotic fluid which fills his bladder 2. He fills his bladder because of nutrients from the placenta and all the water I'm drinking. If he doesn't swallow fluid he still has nutrients but he misses a critical step in development, lung function and maturity. Knowing he can have times throughout the day where he is able to have some fluid to swallow gives me some peace of mind. Boy that makes me happy. 

They also did the testing to see if he is using his lungs yet and he passed! His diaphragm moved which means he has started using his lungs. So happy he is doing well. He is a fighter. 

Stephanie came to see me and brought the girls. Great to see her and great to get to see the girls again. I love that I'll get to see them more this week. The end of last week was a bit rough. I was really missing my girls. Missing Zeb. When I get sad and have a little cry I try my best to turn things around quickly.  Crying and getting emotions out is healthy but dwelling on them can be destructive. Getting to see them more this week makes me so happy. 

Here are some pictures of the time I got to spend with my girls and sister today.


Aunt Stephanie and Julia. At bedtime last night Julia told Stephanie I read her five books at bedtime. Um no. I sing her multiple songs but don't read multiple stories. She did the same thing with Angie. Oh Julia. She is definitely no dummy. 


Pizza time! Instead of leaving during rush hour Stephanie ordered pizza that was delivered to our room. Loved it. Julia apparently is pretending to be upset here, she is a character. 


Claire seems to be growing up wayyyyy to fast this school year. 


Hallie loves to cuddle next to me in the hospital bed. I soak in every second.



Julia was flat ironing my hair with a plastic curling iron. As she brushed my hair she looked at me and said, "Mom, I think you look better out of the hospital." Can't argue with the truth. I agree Julia, I sure do. On a side note I have started retaining water in one place, and one place only. My cheeks. Despite the fact I haven't gained a lot of weight my cheeks tell another story. Oh well. Who cares? It certainly doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Afterall, I have so many things to be happy about. 

Hello 27 weeks!!!
Xoxo
Me

2 comments: