Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Christmas morning was great with the girls. We pulled Caleb up on the iPad so that it felt like he was with us.  Dallas Presbyterian Hospital has something called Peekaboo where a webcam is set up for you and your family to watch your baby in the NICU. We love it.
Before we opened gifts we talked about the Savior and a reason we are each thankful for him.. Then after a prayer we started opening presents. I love that the girls picked out a gift for Zeb and Me and they wanted us to open those gifts first. I love that they wanted us to see what they got us before they opened their gifts.

J
Here is Caleb's Santa hat that someone gave us here in the NICU. 
It's so tiny and precious, just like he is.


After Having Christmas with the girls,  Zeb and I were able to drive to the hospital and spend the evening with Caleb. We are so grateful Michelle is here to help. It means so much to us.


I wish this picture would have turned out better, its hard to see Caleb with the flash.


Caleb loved his Giraffe from the girls so much he wanted each of the girls to have a stuffed animal blanket to sleep with and remind them of him.  When we face timed the girls to show them they were ecstatic. They couldn't wait for us to come home and bring the stuffed animal blankies from Caleb. 


When I got to the hospital and saw him I burst into tears. It's so hard to see so many tubes and IV's in such a small baby. It makes my heart hurt. But I am so grateful they are able to sedate him so he doesn't get too uncomfortable. He's had a bit of a rough day. They have had to turn his settings up since he has been on the conventional ventilator. He will hopefully find a good place where he is happy and tolerating it well. 

I am so grateful for my Savior and for the gift he has given us. I am so grateful for my beautiful family. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

xoxo
Me

1 comment:

  1. The hat is so sweet on him. Glad you got to spend Christmas morning with your princesses. We are still praying for your prince. :) I wish there was a "like" button for all the pics you post! ;)

    ReplyDelete