Saturday, December 28, 2013

Caleb's Snowman

Every December our Mom gives all the grand kids a new Christmas ornament to add to their collections. The kids love their ornaments from Grandma. They love unpacking them year after year and decorating their trees with them. She gives out their new ornaments at the annual grand kid Christmas party.

She called me a few Saturday's ago. Caleb was two days old. She told me she didn't have an ornament for Caleb. She buys all the ornaments a year ahead when they are on sale. Leah and Zeb thought they were done having kids. No babies we anticipated by any of us this year so my Mom was comfortable buying 24 ornaments. They came in packs of 6. She felt bad he didn't have one.

I asked her what they were this year... she told me snowmen. I assured her we could find a cute snowman and send it to Caleb. Then I remembered that a few days earlier a neighbor had brought us a yummy treat and tied a snowman ornament to the package. I told her she could give Caleb that snowman.

Later that afternoon we went to the party at Grandma's house. The grand kids decorated gingerbread men, made candy cane ornaments and ate peppermint shakes. My Mom gathered all the grand kids to read them a story. She buys a new Christmas book for each family the year before as well. The book she picked last year is called, "A Treasury of Christmas Miracles." She was teary as she read one of stories and talked to us about miracles and about Caleb.

Then she passed out the ornaments. The snowman she passed out was the very. same. snowman. that was given to me by my neighbor!!! It is a reminder to me that our Heavenly Father knows ALL of us, He LOVES us and He is involved in the details of our lives. Caleb will have a matching snowman after all. Some may look at it a crazy coincidence... I look at it and see that the Lord is aware of Caleb and wanted to remind us.

Love you baby boy.
xoxo
Auntie Angie


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story!! Praying for Caleb and your family.

    ReplyDelete