Friday, October 25, 2013

What a Day!

I don't even know where to begin. Audrey's birthday was awesome. It feels like it was 3 days thrown into one. But overall it was one awesome day.

After the birthday breakfast in bed and lunch with Angie, Audrey was so excited for cake and presents. While I was talking to Angie on the phone about what presents she needed to wrap and all the other details Zeb, his mom and his dad walked into my hospital room. I was shocked. They had a flight to San Antonio for Zeb's brothers' baby blessing and switched their tickets for an 8 hour layover in Dallas, Zeb picked them up and brought them here and it was so great to see them.

While we were visiting I got a call from Angie. She had felt like she should go to the school to check on Hallie and couldn't stop thinking about her so she left the cake in the oven and ran to the school. She walked into the lunchroom and saw Hallie's head buried in her hands on the lunch table. When she looked up Angie said Hallie's face was covered in hives from an allergic reaction to the peach in her lunch. Hallie just said, "Oh Auntie Angie!" The school didn't have Benedryl so Angie checked Hallie out drove as fast as she could (safely) and walked into the house to the timer for the cake beeping. She pulled it out of the oven and that cake was just right. Honesty what blessings. I know it's simple but I am so thankful for the prompting my sister listened to so that Hallie had someone there for her before she even had to ask. Grateful that Audrey's cake didn't burn. Grateful we could see Zeb's parents if only for a few hours. Grateful Angie could be my hands all day getting everyone ready for Audrey's special day.


After the girls got home from school Angie brought them to the hospital, along with the presents,cake, ice cream, candles, lighter and paper goods. When they walked in the room they saw their Granny and Papa and were soooo excited. Julia had tried to spill the beans but when she told Hallie they were here Hallie's response was, "yeah right." The she tried telling Claire and Claire didn't believe her either. When they saw them they said,"Julia WAS telling the truth!" Such a fun surprise!

 
Audrey immediately wanted to do presents (after hugging granny and papa over and over) so she got to work.


Hallie and Julia decorated her presents with pictures and sayings all over her gifts. My favorite thing that Hallie wrote was, "7 is one step closer Heavenly Father!" I just love that.


Audrey was very excited about her mermaid moxie Barbie. 


Zeb finished frosting the cake because let's be honest, even if I was out of bed he would frost it better than me anyway.


Seriously he is a rock star!


Gotta love Hallie's face here. 


The birthday girl requested a manicure so I painted her nails blue and orange. Didn't do too bad of a job considering the angle. 


Does she not look so adorable? I think her face says it all!!! She felt so loved and so spoiled on her special day. She adored her birthday crown given to her by her cousin Sienna and wore it with pride!

Angie let the adults stay and talk while she took the girls to get dinner.  She brought it back and we all chowed just before the girls gave granny and papa goodbye hugs. It had been about a year since we'd seen Zeb's parents so we feel so blessed they could come even just for a few hours.

Zeb left to take his parents to the airport so the girls just hung out with me. Just before it was time for the girls to go I started leaking more fluid. I was trying to be strong but got emotional and Hallie started crying.  She wanted to know why Heavenly Father was letting this happen. I explained to her that sometimes things happen that we can't control, but that Heavenly Father is always there for us. If he stepped in in every situation we wouldn't  learn and grow the way we needed to. I told her that Heavenly Father hears every prayer she offers and sometimes prayers aren't answered the way we think they will be. He knows what's best for us and there are always blessings ahead that we just can't see. 

Angie took the girls in the hall while the nurses came in to help me. Audrey asked her if I was going to die or if Caleb was going to die. My sweet sister quickly responded that I'm just fine and we are doing everything we can for Caleb. Audrey was sad that I started leaking on her birthday.  I am so grateful Angie was here when Zeb couldn't be. 

Angie took the younger three girls home to put them to bed while I helped Claire with her homework. Zeb came back here and helped Claire finish and took her home. In the meantime Hallie's Benedryl was working all too well. She practically fell asleep on the bathroom floor while she was brushing her teeth. 


Did we seriously fit all off that in one day? Julia asked at one point, "When it's my birthday can I have my party in the hospital?" 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, Happy Birthday to Audrey!!! I bet it will be one of her favorites!

    Keep it up girl! I hope you rebuild fluid and you and Caleb stay healthy and strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Audrey Lynn! Aunt Stephanie loves you to pieces. I read Sienna the post (editing some parts) and she was THRILLED that her crown got a mention. Love my sisters and I'm so glad that Angie was there to meet the needs of one of my favorite families in the world. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete