Friday, October 25, 2013

Transfer...

I know a lot of you are wondering if we found anything out about transferring hospitals. I thought I'd do a quick post to update everyone on that.

My doctor called Baylor and they said their NICU has been at capacity lately and they take things each day at a time. They won't take me until I'm 23 weeks so Dr Gillean is supposed to call back on Monday to see where things are. If they have room they will take me, if they don't then they won't. We could then keep calling each day to see where they are or we could try a different hospital. Zeb and I definitely have some decisions to make over the weekend. 

This last week has been a lot harder on me emotionally. When the fluid levels were rising pretty high with each ultrasound and I didn't leak very much it was much easier. Now that I've been continually leaking it's much harder. You get to where you tell yourself certain things to get you through and then suddenly your mental game has to completely shift. I feel like I'm in a completely different league. I worry about moving even just a tiny bit and each time I leak and feel like saying, "No, stay in there!!" Most of the time no matter what I do it just leaks anyway. Last night I was crying a little bit to Zeb and he just said, "Honey, you've got to focus on the things that you can control. Not the things you can't." I guess I'm realizing that as much as I wish I could control some things, I just can't. Those are the things that I have to turn over to The Lord. 

On a different note Caleb has been moving like crazy today. Last night the girls all got to feel him move and just loved it. It's one of my favorite things about being pregnant. My tummy is lopsided which the nurse said is normal, women just usually have amniotic fluid to round the stomach out. Since I don't have as much it makes for a lopsided belly. Not sure how to take a 
picture of that. But it's cute to know the big bump at the top is his little head. This is one strong little guy. 


I got to read stories to Julia today and loved it. Little things I could do every day mean just a little bit more now. It's not that I didn't appreciate things before but now they just mean even more than they did. I'm grateful for that.

Zeb stayed home from work today and got to be here with me. He's been able to work remotely and his load has been lightened. The partners her works for and the associates he works with have been so wonderful. Honestly there aren't words to thank them. The time I've been able to have with Zeb to process things, lean on, and cry to means more to me than I can say. 

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. 
Xoxo
Me 

5 comments:

  1. Nice to know he's doing good. Sounds like an active little boy! Perfect for an active family. You and yours are still in our prayers constantly. We Love Y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he's moving like crazy, then whatever he has in there is enough! We are constantly praying for you. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete