Saturday, October 12, 2013

"I love it!"

Dr. Gillean made her rounds this morning and those were the words she used at the end. She loves where we are right now. She loved that the AFI was at 9.8 and said that means I'm still leaking but he has plenty of fluid right now.  She talked about how if the tear in the sac is where they think it is (which is higher), there is less of a chance of infection. When the tears are lower and close to the cervix there is a higher risk of infection. She likes that it's higher. Yay!

When the girls visited this morning they got to listen to Caleb's heart beat which was fun. Still strong in the high 140's. My mom has been giving the girls a lesson on the amniotic sac, the uterus, the placenta and what amniotic fluid is so they can understand what's going on. That has helped a lot. She has a whole diagram with labels and arrows. She is a teacher through and through. 

When they visited the other day Audrey happily declared, "I didn't cry at school today!" The girls are each trying to cope and process things. It's such a hard thing for their little minds and hearts to understand. It's hard for any age, even grown ups. My mom talked to the older three for about an hour last night asking them what they were each worried about.  Audrey is worried about her birthday and not seeing me. My mom was able tot tell Audrey that auntie Angie would be here for that and that was exciting news! Claire is worried about money and worried there won't be enough for Christmas. My mom explained that she didn't need to worry about that and things are okay there. Hallie is worried about when she is having a hard time at school and silently cries with her head on the desk. She doesn't know what to do. Claire and my mom explained that she needs to find something she can think about to get her mind off things and that she can pray. She said she will try to find something that works for her. Claire said that she has a mansion in her head that she decorates when her mind needs to be distracted. Bless their hearts I just love them so much. They are all so worried about the holidays coming and how different things will be without me home. Claire knows it's best for me to transfer hospitals to where they have a level 3 NICU but that means they won't get to see me every day. Im so grateful for technology and that I can see them on FaceTime once I'm transferred. I'm so thankful for prayer and for the peace the spirit can bring our family during this time. 

We are brainstorming new traditions we can have. We will compose letters to Santa to please tell their elf Lucy to visit the hospital. They will write to Santa and explain that I'm at the hospital and see if he might be able to leave a few presents here. I can still get them ready for Halloween and be involved with costumes (yeah for buying them a year ahead!) Maybe we can eat thanksgiving dinner in my room! We will find fun new traditions. We can tweak old traditions. We will get through this and be stronger because of it. 

Xoxo
Me 

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to.







4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I love how they've decorated your room! So cheery! And so cute how they talked about their worries. They have a good grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are going through all this. your girls are so sweet! I wish we were closer so I could help.
    What hospital are you being transferred to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for more good news! You're mom sure sounds amazing...I love all the conversations she's having with your girls--your girls are so super sweet. Keep hanging in there...I'm definitely reading your blog and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete