Monday, October 14, 2013

One week down!

Yesterday I got my hair washed. That felt great. One of the nurses took the headboard off the hospital bed and moved the bed up against the sink. I shimmied and scooted to the top of the bed to wash it. It worked pretty well I might add. It was nice to have a clean scalp. After doing so much moving i started leaking more than I have been which tells us that the tear hasn't sealed. At least not completely. But that's okay. I will stay in bed at the hospital for weeks If that means I can stay pregnant for longer. 

I have found a few things that seem to minimize the leaking to almost a halt. I lie almost completely flat. That doesn't give me many options for things to do (even reading I have to hold my book in the air) but that's okay. I only go to my right side. I realized that I was on my left side when I started leaking and was on my left side when a huge gush came out Saturday night. So I never lay on my left side unless they are changing my sheets. I go to the bathroom in a bedpan. I've got that down to a science now. The girls think it's hilarious that I go to the bathroom in a pan in bed. I have a good story I'll tell tomorrow. :) 

Zeb went back to work today and my mom leaves tomorrow.  I'll try and keep myself busy with the blog, reading, and visiting. I always love having visitors. Thank you everyone for your visits, texts, calls, and love. The highlights of my day are listening to Caleb's heartbeat and having my family visit. Goodness I love my girls and husband. I am truly blessed.

Here is a picture of Julia when she got to join her friends for bring a friend week in ballet last week. She absolutely loved it.



Zeb's brother Abe and his family came to Dallas for quick trip to go to Great Wolf Lodge. They were able to come visit me after church and somehow managed to get past the nurses desk where they normally stop any kids coming in but mine. I was so glad they did because I was able to meet my new niece Brooklynn who was born last month. We had a great visit.




Yesterday was so busy I didn't even get time to post. Loved all the visits. 
Thank you everyone for coming to see me. 

One week down. Woot Woot!!!

Xoxo
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment