Friday, October 18, 2013

A few things I've learned

First things first, my fluid level today was 12.7!!!! Seriously, we are so excited. I'm going to try sitting up higher, try laying on the left side and a few more things to see if I have any leaking. If I do, I'll stay here and keep doing what we are doing. If I don't, we could talk about possibly going home on bed rest next week. My levels are in a totally normal range and I am just thrilled that there is enough fluid for Caleb to develop. 

Okay on to a few things I have learned while here.
1. Never use an electric razor on your armpits. Really. Even it its a female razor. If you do, you'll think things are great at first and you won't be hairy anymore. But then about 3 minutes later your armpits will start to sting. Give it a good 10 minutes and it will feel like your armpits are covered in paper cuts. You'll want to leave your arms out instead of at your side but that will remind you of the meatheads at the gym that only workout their upper bodies and can't put their arms down all the way. But it will only hurt for the first day. That's some good information. 

2. When using a bedpan you have to make sure your bed is flat. If it's not, the bed pan can spill out the back where you don't have eyeballs and are clueless your urine is now on the mat. The kicker is that you'd think you could feel it under you but with the tucks pads they put on your bed it absorbs enough you can't tell, but not enough that it doesn't slowly soak into your clothes little by little. Then half an hour later when you go to change your shirt you might hear your husband say, "Your shirt is really wet, not sweaty though, I think it's urine." But you'll probably try to write it off as sweat until you realize it is most definitely urine. That's also some good information. 

3. When you go a few days without seeing your husband you might kiss him a little longer even though your kids are in the room. They might scream and say, "Oooh gross!!!" So when you need to kiss him again you might just tell the kids to go behind the curtain. 2 of your kids might take you up on the offer. Another one might say, "Oh I don't mind." And another might say, "It's okay I've seen the Hunger Games." There might be lots of laughing and comments but it's worth it to get a kiss. FYI.

Zeb took the girls to the daddy daughter camp out tonight. They were so excited. I sure hope the weather cooperates. 

I am so blessed. I have an amazing, out of this world husband. 4 fun, sweet, and spunky girls. A baby boy to add to our family. Support from friends and family. Prayers from so many, even strangers. Help from so many people I cant count. Visitors to help me pass the time. Strength from The Lord. And a testimony that will always be mine no matter what happens. 

Have a great weekend. 

Xoxo
Me

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Just think... you are on top of your game. Some of those lessons might not have been learned until you were 70! :) Love you so much. You're my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was hilarious!!
    How did urine get on my shirt???? Haha!
    Thanks for the pointers!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are HILARIOUS. Love you. The Hunger Games has nothing on Mom and Dad. Lol. Too funny. Hang in there, Leah. I love you and I'm riding the roller coaster with you. I am so thankful for all of the support and love you've received from friends and ward members in Texas. I wish it could be me there to help you but I'm grateful they have stepped up and been SO amazing.

    ReplyDelete