Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Magic

Almost a month exactly before you passed away daddy downloaded the new Cold Play album. He couldnt remember the last time he purchased an entire album but for some reason he downloaded this one. I'm so grateful he did and I know he is to. He started listening to it right away. We would listen to it on the way to the hospital. When he would visit you in the hospital and you were upset he would play it for you. It was so soothing to you and it would calm you down. He would listen to it over and over with you. It was so tender to watch you two together just hanging out listening to music. When daddy started making a video of your life he didn't hesitate when it came to the songs. They are all from that album. The thing that makes it even more beautiful is the words in the songs. It's as though they were written for us. For you. For dad. For our family. 
Here are the lyrics to one of my favorite ones, "Magic:"

Call it magic
Call it true
I call it magic, when I'm with you
And I just got broken
Broken into two
Still I call it magic, when I'm next to you

And I don't, And I don't, And I don't, And I don't
No I don't, it's true
I don't, No, I don't, No, I don't, No, I don't
Want anybody else but you

I don't, No I don't, No I don't, No I don't
No I don't, it's true
I don't, No I don't, No I don't, No I don't
Want anybody else but you

Ooh

Call it magic
Cut me into two
And with all your magic, I disappear from view
And I can't get over, can't get over you
Still, I call it magic
You're such a precious jewel


And I don't, And I don't, And I don't, And I don't
No I don't, it's true
I don't, No I don't, No I don't, No I don't
Want anybody else but you

I don't, No I don't, No I don't, No I don't
No I don't, it's true
I don't, No I don't, No I don't, No I don't
Want anybody else but you

I want to fall, fall so far
I want to fall, fall so hard

I call it magic
And I call it true
Call it magic

Ooh

And if you were to ask me
After all that we've been through
"Still believe in magic?"
Well yes, I do
Oh yes, I do
Yes, I do
Oh yes, I do
Of course I do


This song describe things so well. Even though having you in the hospital for so long and saying goodbye to you broke our hearts we would still choose you. We still do choose you. Heavenly Father knew we wanted you no matter what. Nobody but you. You add to our family what only you could add. The heartache is worth it because we have you forever. Your love, courage, and purity are like magic and we are all changed because of you, sweet Caleb. 

Oh sweet boy. We love you so very much. 

Xoxo
Mom

Here is a picture the day before you slipped back to heaven where you were upset so dad started playing the songs for you. That's his iPhone just above your head. 
After just a few minutes you were soothed and calm.
We love you, Caleb. 

4 comments:

  1. We sure do miss him. We'll never forget the selfless love and unwavering devotion . With out our daily message we would have not be so blessed as to know him. Thanks for sharing his life with us.
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful you grabbed the quilt I made him that night. It makes me so happy he got to snuggle it his last night on earth. Oh, I love him and miss him. I love that he is laying his cheek on the white part of the fabric.... white is perfect and pure just like Caleb.
    I was thinking about his name the other day. It is perfect. I am so grateful you got to use it. Remember when I called you, pregant with Cohen and still choosing his name. You were done having kids and since you always had dibs on that name it was free game now... You told me to use it. We almost did. And now four years later I see that Caleb has always been and always will be yours.

    I love you Leah Lou. More than all the cinnamon bears, mini eggs and nuggets in the whole entire world.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is baby perfection. I downloaded a few of the songs from the album and listen to them often. Of course, it makes me think of him, and that brings me some peace and joy. I love seeing how the music soothed him. I really do think of you all every single day. I even put a picture of Caleb on my desk at the school. Somehow seeing his face also gives me comfort. Oh I love him so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one brought me to tears. Oh the things we are willing to endure for our sweet babies. Love you...

    ReplyDelete