Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dum Dum Delivery

We decided to go to the hospital and deliver Dum Dums to the NICU. That way the nurses and doctors can have a treat along with siblings and families with babies in the NICU. The girls were excited! 
We got to see our favorite doctors! Bonus that Dr Green and Dr Nystrom were both working.
Dr Green was tipped off that we were coming so he had ice cream bars for your sisters. He always had things for the girls on Saturday or Sunday because he knew we would all be coming. They call him, "Dr. Green the donut machine." He always took time for the girls to ask how they were and develop a relationship with them. It really meant a lot to them and to us. 
He's a goof ball like your dad so I think that's one of the many reasons the girls are drawn to him. 

Today was a hard day for me. I wish it was like our typical Sunday where we would go visit you. Yesterday was really hard too. My heart just aches for you, sweet boy. I love you so very much. Each day that passes is a day further away from when I held you and kissed you. But maybe I should look at it as a day I got through and a day closer to when I can hold you and kiss you again. It just seems so far away. One day at a time. It seems that's still something I say and live. 

I love you all the way to heaven and back. 

Xoxo
Mom




2 comments:

  1. I love that your doctors care so much for your girls too. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard Leah. The worlds spinning around you while you trying to find solid ground. I wish I new what to say or what to do to make it easier. Time is the best remedy. It doesn't take the pain away but lessens it's intensity. You will get there. You will get to the point where the thought naturally changes from one day further to one day closer. Give yourself time. Its okay to have heartbreaking days and it's okay to have good days. It's so so hard but your doing it. For you. For Zeb. For the girls. And for Caleb. I love this quote from Elder Holland and repeat it to myself daily: "What you know will always trump what you don't know." Families are forever. You will always be his mommy. This we know. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete